Mission Statement, Goals, and Objectives
It is the mission of the Athletic Training Program at Limestone College to provide our athletic training students (ATSs) with a well-rounded liberal arts education that is grounded with quality instruction and hands-on clinical experiences, which will ultimately prepare them for a career in the athletic training profession. It is also our mission to produce competent, confident, and dedicated professionals who are enabled to function independently in a variety of settings. Upon meeting all graduation requirements and passing the Board of Certification (BOC) Examination, ATSs will find themselves prepared for an entry-level position within the profession.
Goal 1: Students will possess the utmost moral, legal, and ethical behaviors of academic, personal, professional, and social integrity.
- Objective 1: Exhibits ethical practice (treats people equally, maintains confidentiality, adheres to NATA Code of Ethics) in a variety of settings and populations.
- Objective 2: Remain a member in good standing in the Athletic Training Program, the institution, and student/professional organizations.
- Objective 3: Recognizes the importance of continued professional development.
Goal 2: Students will develop the skills and values necessary for employment as an entry-level athletic trainer through individual and collaborative effort.
- Objective 1: Students will develop the skills and values necessary for employment as an entry-level athletic trainer through individual and collaborative effort.
- Objective 2: Perform an accurate clinical evaluation and arrive at an appropriate diagnosis.
- Objective 3: Initiate immediate emergency care.
- Objective 4: Integrate appropriate therapeutic interventions into the patient’s treatment and rehabilitation plan.
- Objective 5: Demonstrate organization and professional health and well-being.
Goal 3: Students will utilize evidence-based practice and advanced critical thinking skills as an entry-level athletic trainer.
- Objective 1: Gather, synthesize, and analyze original research.
- Objective 2: Synthesize information and make appropriate deductions/decisions.
Goal 4: Students will effectively communicate and interact with health professionals in a variety of settings.
- Objective 1: Utilize effective oral communication in academic and clinical settings.
- Objective 2: Demonstrate the ability to communicate in written form
- Objective 3: Demonstrate the ability to utilize current technology to enhance communications/ disperse information to the public.