Campus Wide Emergency
A. Notification of a CAMPUS WIDE EMERGENCY or a disaster will be made to the campus community by using one or more of the following communication channels:
- Campus wide voice mail.
- Campus wide email.
- Local radio or TV stations.
- Person-to-person in academic and administration buildings through faculty and administrators, and physical plant.
- Person-to-person at Residence Life buildings through Residence Life staff.
B. What You Should Do in an Emergency:
Depending on the type and extent of the emergency, you will be instructed to evacuate a building or a portion of the campus and move to a safe area, or you will be instructed to remain in the building and await further instructions. In the unlikely event that the entire campus needs to be evacuated, you will receive instructions on how to leave the Limestone University campus.
C. Campus Emergency: Remain calm.
- Listen carefully to instructions.
- Move out of the building you are in and go to other campus buildings/areas as instructed or
- Remain in the building and await further instructions.
- Do not return to your residence life building or office in another building to retrieve personal possessions unless you are instructed to do so.
- Stay in the building until the emergency has passed and you receive instructions that it is safe to leave.