Distance learning programs are offered through interactive internet technologies. Hardware and software requirements vary from course to course, but minimally include:
- Access to a high-speed broadband Internet connection
- a personal computer with an up-to-date operating system (Windows XP or higher, or Mac OS 10.7 or higher)
- a modern web browser (Firefox strongly recommended)
- a headset with an attached microphone
- a webcam
- a quiet place to "attend" class (virtually) without interruption Computer Competencies Required
Computer Competencies Required
Basic computer competence is critical. You must be able to do the following skillfully upon entering the program.
Launch or run an application, upload a file to Blackboard, using a tutorial.
Use an electronic mail system and be able to reliably send and receive messages and reply to messages. It is required that you use your Limestone College e-mail account for all courses. You can understand that messages with different names and from different computers are difficult to manage for the instructor.
Manage Software Installations
Install and manage software to include Blackboard Collaborate.
Exhibit an understanding of and ability for searching information resources beyond a Google search.