All vehicles parked in any Limestone University parking lots on main campus must display a current and valid parking permit, which may be obtained via the Vehicle Registration link.
The permit must be properly displayed on the lower left corner of the vehicles rear window. This includes ALL faculty, staff, resident students, commuter students, and off-campus resident students. Any vehicle not displaying a valid current permit may be ticketed.
If a student brings a vehicle, other than their current registered vehicle, a temporary permit must be obtained for temporary parking. There is no fee for a temporary permit. Permits can be issued for up to two weeks. Contact Campus Safety to obtain a temporary permit.
Handicap Parking Spaces
Handicap parking spaces are marked with blue stripes and should be used only by persons displaying state registered handicap permits or license plates. Handicap permits should be prominently displayed. Temporary Handicap permits can be issued to students by campus safety if they have a note from a physician stating the permit is necessary. Violators are subject to towing and/or fines. Parking in handicap spaces to run into your building is not allowed.
All overnight guests or visitors must have a temporary permit, please click on the link below to complete the form to receive a temporary permit. Temporary permits should be requested 24 hours prior to arriving on campus. Temporary permits must be visibly displayed on the vehicles dashboard.
Link for visitor permit formstack (emailed to campus security)
All permits are color coded. Faculty/Staff stickers are blue, Commuter stickers are yellow, Resident stickers are red, and Off-Campus Resident stickers are green. All students residing on campus in resident halls (Ball, Ebert, Brown, Eunice Ford etc.) are considered Resident Students. Students residing in The Cedars Apartments, Walton Ridge Apartments, Agape House, Landon House, and Griffith Apartments are considered Off-Campus Resident students.
Student Parking Map
Please refer to the parking map for your respective parking areas. If you have any questions, please contact Campus Safety, at 864-488-8344.
Parking Lot Designations (7:00am – 5:00pm)
- Montgomery Lot = Commuter students (yellow), Off-Campus Resident students (green), and Faculty/Staff (blue).
- Greer Lot = Resident students (red) and Commuter (yellow).
- Hamrick/Carroll Lot = Faculty/Staff Only (blue) *Violators will be instantly immobilized or towed*
- Granberry/Winnie Davis Lots = Faculty/Staff Only (blue) *Violators will be instantly immobilized or towed*
- Griffith Apartments (gravel) Lot = Any Permit Type (Must have permit)
- Fullerton Lot = Any Permit Type, including visitors (Must have permit)
- Brown Hall Lot = Resident students (red)
- Ball Hall Lot = Resident students (red)
- Eunice Ford Lot = Resident students (red)
- McMillan Hall Parking (rear) = Faculty/Staff (blue) Only *Violators will be instantly immobilized or towed*
- Timken Lot = Any Permit Type
- Fort Hall Lot = Resident students (red)
- Cedars/Walton Ridge Apartments = Off-Campus Resident students (green) ONLY (Visitors must park in the Fullerton Lot)
- Griffin P.E. Center = Faculty/Staff (blue) and Commuters (yellow) ONLY.
- Bob Campbell Field House (Front) = Faculty/Staff (blue) and Visitors ONLY
- Bob Campbell Field House (Side and Rear) = Faculty/Staff (blue), Commuter students (yellow) and Off-Campus Resident students (green)
- Visitor Lot (Between Library and Montgomery) = Visitors Only. No Student Parking.
- Visitor Lot (Beside Healing Springs) = Visitors Only. No Student Parking.
- Ball Fields Lot and Tennis Lot = Any Permit Type
*After 5:00pm is Open Parking to all lots, except for Cedars/Walton Ridge Apartments. All parking regulations/violation are enforced 24/7 except “no residential parking/color lots” (see full violation list below). All vehicles must be in a valid parking space at all times.
Instant Tow/Immobilization Zones
There are three instant tow away zones on campus Monday thru Friday between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. These zones are the area behind McMillan Hall, Hamrick/Carroll lot, and Granberry lot. These lots are for Faculty and Staff parking only. Any student vehicles found in violation in these zones will NOT receive any warnings, they will immediately be towed or immobilized at the expense of the vehicle’s owner.
Traffic Control (repeating from “Authority”)
Campus Safety enforces state traffic laws, including speed limit and signage laws. Officers direct daily and special event traffic and parking. They reserve parking spaces for special guests or events. All students, faculty and staff are required to relocate their vehicles at the request of Campus Safety. They seek to ensure the safety of drivers and pedestrians while making traffic flow move as smoothly as possible and parking as convenient as possible.
These regulations are applicable to all members of the campus community, including students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Parking Ticket Information
*NO WARNINGS WILL BE ISSUED AFTER SEPTEMBER 1ST*
*If any vehicle has 2 outstanding tickets and is found in violation of any parking regulation, a third ticket will be placed on the vehicle AND the vehicle will be towed or immobilized at the vehicle owner’s expense.*
*Ticket fines must be paid Online at permitsales.net/LimestoneUniversity (Except: Vehicle Immobilization fees must be paid in person at the Campus Safety Office to have the device removed).*
*Tickets not paid within 7 days from the date issued will be considered outstanding and will be placed on the student’s record and additional fines/charges may be assessed to the account.*
*Tickets may be appealed online within 7 days if the violator feels the ticket was written in error.
Limestone University Parking Fine List
- BLOCKING ACCESS TO BUILDING/DRIVEWAY 25.00
- IMPROPERLY PARKED 25.00
- NO OVERNIGHT PARKING 25.00
- NO RESIDENT PARKING 25.00
- NO VALID PARKING PERMIT DISPLAYED 60.00
- PARKED IN FIRE ZONE 75.00
- PARKED IN HANDICAPPED SPACE 75.00
- PARKED IN RESERVED OR DESIGNATED AREA 25.00
- PARKED ON GRASS 25.00
- PARKING PERMIT IMPROPERLY DISPLAYED 25.00
- VEHICLE IMMOBILIZATION FEE (MUST PAY IN PERSON) 40.00