Our Intramural Athletic Program uses the resources of Limestone University's excellent athletic complex: an indoor Olympic pool, eight lighted tennis courts with tennis pavilion, baseball and softball fields, a jogging trail, and a soccer/lacrosse field.
The Intramural Sports program strives to provide quality experiences for all participants. By providing opportunities for organized sports and events, we believe that we can enrich the lives of Limestone students through quality co-curricular activities. Our goal is to offer both competitive and recreational services that emphasize sportsmanship, team work, and healthy lifestyles.
We hire, train, and supervise employees who promote the mission and values of our program and the department of Campus Recreation. We expect our employees to treat participants in a respectful and courteous manner at all times. We believe in providing learning experiences as well as professional development opportunities for our employees, so that they may leave our program with transferable skills that will benefit them in the future.
What are the benefits of intramural activities for the students and campus? Limestone Intramurals is open to all students, faculty/staff, and alumni. We try to benefit the entire campus at Limestone University, and welcome the campus community to be a part of our activities and space.
- Intramurals are an amazing stress reliever. Stressed about an upcoming exam? That group project? How about your computer that just can't seem to print? Running around with a bunch of friends can do wonders for reducing your stress level.
- They provide great exercise. While most college students would like to go to the gym on a regular basis, few actually do. With a predetermined time already in your schedule, your workout is more likely to happen. In addition, you're less likely to miss your "workout" and the time will pass quicker than if you were alone in the gym.
- They're a great way to meet people. You may be getting used to seeing similar people in the courses for your major, in your residence hall, or at the events you go to on campus. Intramurals can be a great way to meet students that you may not otherwise even run into on campus.
- There can be leadership opportunities. Every team needs a captain, right? If you're looking to build your resume or test out your leadership skills, intramural teams can be a great place to start. Also, you can have a chance to be a part of the staff. We are always looking for new staff members and are also looking for referees. Build your resume and be a leader on and off the court or field.
- It is one of the few things you'll do just for fun. Most things you'll do in college are very goal directed: produce a paper, plan an event, or meet a deadline. Playing an intramural sport provides you with a great opportunity to head out and have some good, old-fashioned fun.
Follow us for updates on weather, in-game updates, events, and more!