Limestone Names New Director of Communications
Limestone College is pleased to announce the hiring of Eric Lawson as director of communications.
A native of Union, S.C. and graduate of the University of South Carolina (bachelor's degree in journalism and mass communications, 1991), Lawson joins Limestone after nine years as associate director of communications and senior writer at Converse College in Spartanburg, S.C. While with Converse, Lawson
- Coordinated all media efforts
- Wrote text for most college publications including press releases, alumnae magazine, e-mails and web pages
- Served as editor of the college's monthly online magazine Connections, a tenure which included the complete transformation of the magazine into an award-winning publication which received two Awards of Excellence in the 2002 and 2003 CASE District III Awards Program (Council for Advancement and Support of Education) and was used as a recruiting tool for the college's admissions officers
- Composed content for majority of development materials during $75 million capital campaign (the most successful campaign in the college's history)
- Composed text for and provided navigational input for the complete overhaul of Converse's web site which was recognized with an Award of Excellence for Web Site Design at the 2002 CASE District III Awards
- Wrote text for and provided design input for award-winning online virtual tour of campus (named CampusTour.com's "Tour of the Month" for November 2002)
- Represented Converse to various off-campus organizations including South Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities and the Spartanburg Social Media and the Downtown Spartanburg Club
- Served his co-workers as a member of the Converse Staff Council for two separate two-year terms
Lawson, who graduate also worked for Clemson University, the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office, the South Carolina Manufacturing Extension Partnership and the South Carolina Commission for the Blind. He replaces Josh Crotzer who served Limestone in the same post for five years.
"We are thrilled to have Eric as an integral member of the Limestone team. His experience with educational, private and governmental agencies give him a strong and diverse skill set and will serve Limestone well," said Dr. Bill Baker, vice president for institutional advancement. "We are indeed grateful to Josh Crotzer for his five years of dedicated service and the leadership he brought to the position at Limestone."