- Attendance Policy: Students are expected to communicate with the professor frequently. In the Extended Campus Internet Program, students are required to contact their instructors once a week. That mode of contact is determined by the instructor. It could be an email, assignments, discussion, etc. If after two weeks a student fails to have any activity in a course, the student may be assigned a grade of F at the end of the course.
A student who withdraws from a course before 60% of the course is completed will lose financial aid funds for that class.
Withdrawal Policy: Grades of WP or WF are issued to students who elect to withdraw from a course after the close of the drop/add period and prior to the last day of classes in accord with their progress in the course at the time of their withdrawal. Students are required to complete the official withdrawal form to be filed with the Registrar; failure to do so will result in a grade of F.
- Academic Integrity: Honesty in personal and academic matters is a cornerstone of life at Limestone College. Students are expected to achieve on their own merits and abilities, to exercise integrity in all their affairs, and to refrain absolutely from lying, cheating, and stealing. Academic misconduct, including cheating and plagiarism, is defined in Section XIV, Appendix B, Part III of Limestone College’s Policies and Procedures for Academic Conduct, available in The Gaslight Student Handbook (print and online). There are serious consequences for academic misconduct, as outlined in Section XIV, Appendix B, Part IV of Policies and Procedures for Academic Conduct, which apply in this course.
There is an excellent tutorial on avoiding plagiarism titled “Plagiarism Workshop and Quiz” on the Limestone College Library website. It is located under the Student Success Library Guide: http://libguides.limestone.edu/content.php?pid=473697&sid=3899379 , then select “Plagiarism Workshop & Quiz.” Once a student has successfully completed the workshop a copy may be sent to their instructor.
Disabilities Statement: Limestone College will attempt to make reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities. Students who have any disability that may impact their academic performance should inform their instructor and contact Accessibility prior to (or as soon as possible) the beginning of each course. Reasonable accommodations will be considered via an interactive process between the Accessibility team, the student, and review of appropriate documentation. Any pertinent documentation should be sent to: Accessibility, Limestone College, 1115 College Drive, Gaffney, SC 29340 (
Online Content Disclaimer: This is to notify you that the material you may be accessing in chat rooms, bulletin boards, or unofficial web pages is not officially sponsored by Limestone College. The United States Constitution rights of free speech apply to all members of our community regardless of the medium used. Limestone College disclaims all liability for data, information or opinions expressed in these forums.
Disruptive Behavior Statement: Disruptive behavior is any behavior that interferes with the instructor’s ability to conduct class or the students’ ability to benefit from the learning environment. Students having emotional or mental disorders who may be considered disabled and who are protected under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 are expected to follow the same standards of conduct as any student. Faculty members are responsible for managing the classroom environment. Faculty should exercise their best judgment in setting standards of conduct for the courses and take a reasonable approach in responding to classroom disruptions.
Digital Copyright Policy Statement: To effectively combat the unauthorized distribution of copyright material by users of the institution’s network, without unduly interfering with the educational and research use of the network. Limestone College’s policy concerning unauthorized distribution of copyright material through use of our network is annually distributed to students, faculty and staff via email. File sharing restrictions, copyright guidelines, and computer use policies are also posted on our website at: http://www.limestone.edu/p2compliance
- Limestone College Online Writing Lab Statement: The Limestone College Online Writing Lab (LC OWL) provides live, one-on-one tutorial sessions designed to help students through the writing process for any assignments in any class. Writing is hard. Getting help is easy. Visit the LC OWL at: http://www.limestone.edu/extended-campus-resources/online-writing-lab-owl
Limestone College Mathematics On-line Learning Experience (MOLE): Students are encouraged to seek assistance in learning and applying mathematics. The Limestone College Mathematics On-line Learning Experience (MOLE) is web-based and accessible through the Limestone College website. The MOLE provides tutorial services to students enrolled in select mathematics and substantially quantitative courses offered by the College, in particular, to Extended Campus students. Visit the MOLE at: http://www.limestone.edu/extended-campus-resources/mole
Netiquette Statement: In order for Limestone College to maintain a positive online environment for all classes utilizing an online component, the students are expected to follow netiquette guidelines summarized below.
- Show respect for the instructor and for other students in the class
- Respect the privacy of the instructor and other students
- Express differences of opinion in a polite and rational way
- Maintain an environment of constructive criticism when commenting on the work of other students
- Avoid bringing up irrelevant topics when involved in group discussions or other collaborative activities
Students should not:
- Show disrespect for the instructor or for other students in the class
- Send messages or comments that are threatening, harassing, or offensive
- Use inappropriate or offensive language
- Convey a hostile or confrontational tone when communicating or working collaboratively with other students
- USE ALL UPPERCASE IN THEIR MESSAGES -- THIS IS THE EQUIVALENT OF SHOUTING!!!