Test Proctor Information
Proctored Exams at Extended Campus Locations
Limestone College offers a proctoring service at several Extended Campus locations for students taking online courses who do not have a private proctor to administer their exams. Testing centers are located in Aiken, Charleston, Columbia, Florence, Gaffney and Greenville. You can find addresses for these locations here.
You must complete the Proctor Application if you elect to use one of our testing centers or if you engage a private proctor. The Proctor Application needs to be filled out for first time proctors or if you are changing proctors.
Scheduling Your Exam
Computer labs at Extended Campus locations are used in the evening hours for in-class instruction so online proctored tests are only offered during daytime hours on Monday - Thursday. There are no tests scheduled on Fridays or on weekends.
Testing is by appointment only. Due to a limited number of computers available at each location, appointments to use a Testing Center should be made at least 48 hours in advance. Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate walk-ins. You must use the EC Testing Center Appointment Form to schedule your test.
Proctorio Pilot Program
This guide is only for students who are participating in the Proctorio Pilot Program in these ECI courses in TERMS 1 and 2 :
- MA 550 (Section 1) - Term 1
- ID 305 (Section 1) - Term 1
- CS 202 (Section 1) - Term 1
- PS 304 (Section 1) - Term 2
Limestone College Extended Campus is piloting an online proctoring service as a more efficient and convenient way to maintain academic integrity in online and hybrid courses. This means that you won’t use a human proctor for this course. The service is fully integrated within Blackboard and available 24/7.
This program will require the use of a webcam and microphone (internal or external). There are many options available for purchasing a webcam if you don’t already have one or if one is not built-in to your computer. There are options for under $10 online. You’ll be able to use this webcam for future courses that use this proctoring tool. There will also be computers available to use at the proctoring sites around the state.
Although, there is not a human watching you take your exam, the software will record audio and video during the exam, so make sure you’re following the guidelines set by your instructor while testing. You should select a quiet, private space for testing. Only your instructor will be reviewing the recordings.
Getting Started – once your online class begins
Step 1: Make sure you have Google Chrome
Because Proctorio will not work on any other browser (e.g., Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer), make sure you have the Google Chrome browser. If you don’t already have Google Chrome, you can download it for free: https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/.
Step 2: Follow Instructions for Chrome’s Proctorio Extension
Once you have access to your course, there will be a Practice Quiz to get you acclimated to the Proctorio testing environment. When you are going to take your Practice Quiz, make sure you install the Chrome extension by clicking the link titled Secure Exam Proctor before starting the test. (You only need to do this once.)
Step 3: Take the Practice Quiz
- Once you’ve installed the extension, you will be taken back to the Practice Quiz. Click on it to see the instructions and then click Begin.
- This quiz is meant to ensure you know how Proctorio works and what you need to do if you encounter any issues during the exam. It is not for credit.
- Once you’ve read through the instructions, click Start Exam Pre-checks. A System Diagnostics Test will run to make sure you have the necessary requirements to take the exam, which includes video recording, audio recording, identity verification, and screen recording.
- If you are missing something, it will alert you and tell you what the problem is. To resolve the problem, you can click the link for troubleshooting (both noted by an arrow below). You can also perform a Re-Test when you believe you have fixed the problem.
When you meet all the requirements, you will be allowed to enter the Practice Quiz. Again, this Practice Quiz is not scored, and you can take it as many times as you like. It is just to help you understand Proctorio.
The experience for taking the other proctored exams in your course will be the same as the Practice Quiz.
Getting to Know the Features
Below are the details about the features that will be used with Proctorio during the exam. Again, this is to keep the integrity of the test, and ensure that no student has any unfair advantage while offering you the convenience of taking the exam at any time.
1. Video Recording: During the exam, your video will be recorded the entire time.
2. Audio Recording: This will test your Audio levels and make sure your microphone is working properly. During the exam, your audio will be recorded the entire time.
3. Identity Verification: You will need to use a Government-Issued Identification, e.g., a driver’s license or passport. You will be prompted to hold up your ID to the webcam (make sure to center in frame).
4. Screen Recording: During the exam, Proctorio will also be recording your screen.
Proctorio has 24/7 help available at https://proctorio.zendesk.com/. There is a chat option available there as well.