What is a Proctor and why do I need one?
A proctor is someone who administers all exams that you take at Limestone College. Proctors must meet the following criteria:
- A proctor must have at least a 4 year degree, a valid email address and should not be a friend or relative to the student. The proctor is responsible for an adequate testing environment and must be present for the duration of the student's exam.
- The meeting can be anywhere as agreed by the proctor and the student (proctor's home, student's home, work place, etc.) as long as there is a computer with Internet access.
- Military students can use anyone of a higher rank than themselves, to be verified by a letter from Command.
Students who take online classes are required to have an approved proctor. Exams are password protected and your instructor will send the exam password and instructions to your proctor's email.
For a proctor to become Limestone College approved you must complete a Proctor Application. The application will ask for the Proctor’s name, address, phone number, place of employment, and job title. Make sure you have this information handy to complete this form. After submission of the application the proctor will need to submit the following documents:
- Photocopy of Dipolma/transcript showing at least a Bachelor's Degree or a letter from your place of employement stating you hold a 4-year degree
- Email Confirmation: The proctor must send a confirmation email to email@example.com. The email must come from the proctor's email address where the intend on receiving the passwords. The email should contain the following information: Proctor Name, Students name and the certification statement (statement is located on the application).
Documentation can be faxed, emailed or mailed to the information below:
Extended Campus Proctor Database Manager
1115 College Drive, Gaffney, SC 29340
You and your proctor will receive notification of approval. Limestone College reserves the right to deny the use of a proctor at any time after initial approval if the student or proctor is suspected of misconduct.
Limestone College offers a proctoring service at several Extended Campus locations for students taking online courses who do not have a private proctor to administer their exams. Find out more information on the Test Proctor Information page.